Saturday, July 4, 2009

Beering Aids!

Joe and I are getting ready to head out to what promises to be a fabulous party put on by one of our favorite peeps, DC Dan. We were invited to about seven different parties, but this was the winner. Why, you ask? Because DC Dan owns DC Music Productions and there will be Karaoke there!

I am admittedly a bit of a karaoke whore. I love music, and I love to sing. It’s silly when people ask me if I’m coming to karaoke night-- of course I am! Whether you like my singing or not, I will be there and with the help of some liquid courage I will sing until someone drags me away with an over-sized shepherds crook.

Of course, how well I sing is directly proportional to the amount of vodka I consume throughout the night. No surprise there; drink too much and there’s not much you can do well. What is surprising is that the more other people drink the better they think I sound.

I call this particular phenomenon beering aids. Much like beer goggles, it’s not really a matter of how I sang so much as how a person’s slightly fermented brain perceived my performance. Fortunately for me, by the time their put-upon liver has cleared the last vestige of alcohol from their system, they never quite realize that I did not in actuality sound like Celine Dion, but rather more like Cameren Diaz in My Best Friend’s Wedding. For this I am eternally grateful!

So come to the next karaoke night where you are sure to be entertained. Drink up and I promise by the end of the night I will not only sound like Shania Twain, I will look like her as well!

Gotta go-- my public awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment